Notice To Prospective Vendors
TAKE NOTICE, that the City of Long Branch is seeking proposals, pursuant to the competitive contracting process set forth in N.J.S.A. 40A:11-4.1(j), from interested vendors who will offer an inflatable waterslide to the public, on a daily basis, on the City’s beaches, during the summer season of 2019. All proposals shall be subject to the following requirements:
1. Proposals must be received on or before 11:00 a.m. prevailing time on Thursday, May 16, 2019, in order to be considered. All proposals shall be delivered to the attention of the Long Branch City Clerk, Kathy Schmelz, at City Hall (Second Floor), 344 Broadway, Long Branch, N.J., 07740. All proposals shall be submitted in a sealed envelope, and shall bear the words “Proposal for Inflatable Waterslide” written conspicuously on the front exterior of the envelope. Proposals shall be opened, read aloud and recorded at 11:00 a.m. prevailing time on Thursday, May 16, 2019. No proposals shall be considered if received after that time. It is the vendor’s responsibility to ensure that delivery of the proposal is made to the City Clerk, and not merely to the City’s Municipal Building, in a timely manner.
2. The term of the contract shall start on or about Friday, June 14, 2019 and shall extend through Friday, September 20, 2019 for the 2019 summer season, with an option to renew the contact for two (2) additional years. The option period for the two (2) additional years shall cover the summer seasons of 2020 and through 2021 (extending from the Friday of Memorial Day weekend through September 30th of each year). Exercise of the option to renew shall be subject to the mutual agreement of both parties. The life of the entire contact shall not exceed the summer seasons of three (3) years.
3. The storage of inflatable waterslide and all equipment associated with this contract shall be subject to the prior approval of the City. This shall include the storage area(s) involved, the type(s) of facility(ies), and any other associated issues.
4. The successful vendor shall be required to deposit with the City Clerk a ten percent (10%) deposit (based on the vendor’s 2019 proposal price), which shall be in cash or by certified check, by the end of the business day on Thursday, May 16, 2019.
5. The balance of the contract price (which is the amount of the proposal less the deposit above), shall be paid at the time of the contract execution. Said balance shall be paid in cash or by certified or bank check.
6. The successful vendor must execute a written contractual Agreement with the City, which Agreement shall be in a form satisfactory to the City Attorney, within ten (10) business days after acceptance of the proposal by the Mayor and Council.
7. The successful vendor must provide comprehensive general liability insurance coverage in the amount of $5,000,000.00, and shall name the City as an additional insured on its policy. This requirement, and all other requirements, shall be specified in the written contractual Agreement between the parties.
8. The Mayor and Council of the City of Long Branch reserve the right to reject all proposals, in the sole discretion of the City, and to waive any minor nonmaterial defects when it may be in the best interests of the City to do so.
9. Any questions regarding the requirements associated with submission of a proposal may be directed during regular business hours to the Purchasing Agent, David Spaulding, at City Hall, prior to the opening of proposals. Mr. Spaulding may be reached at telephone number (732) 571-5655.
City of Long Branch
County of Monmouth